The Haven Ascot Terms and Conditions
A deposit of 1 night's stay upon booking to:
Mrs. G. E. Love,
St. Mary's Hill,
Sunninghill, Ascot, Berkshire SL5 9AP
with the completed booking form agreeing to the terms and conditions as laid out here below.
The balance to be paid 4 weeks before your arrival date.
- General. The self contained studio is designed and equipped for short term use either as a holiday or mid week business let. No right to remain in the accommodation, post the booking dates, exists for the Guest or any member of the Guest's party. It is not suitable for youth groups, student parties etc. Only those named on the booking form can occupy the Haven. Please inform us if you wish to invite day visitors. This is to adhere to health and safety regulations. It is regretted that no pets are permitted.
- Guest Obligations. Instructions for appliances plus a copy of the Haven inventory will be handed over on arrival. Guests must report to the Owners any damages/breakages that occur during their stay. The inventory will be checked on departure and it is expected that damages/breakages will be paid for by either cash or cheque. We would appreciate the accommodation being left clean & tidy with all furniture returned to where it was found upon entry. The Owners reserve the right to reasonably access the property during the period of hire.
- Linen. There is sufficient linen and towels. The Haven is fully serviced each week and between lets. If there is a requirement for additional servicing, this will require negotiation.
- No Smoking. We do have a no smoking policy within all areas of the property.
- Booking. The Haven will not be considered to be reserved until a booking form and deposit have been received and processed. We will confirm the booking and deposit, usually by e mail.
- Overseas Bookings. We are able to support internet banking and payment by paypal. including credit cards. Eurocheques and cash are acceptable but a cheque should not be made out for more than £700. The owners reserve the right to charge a supplement to cover any loss due to currency fluctuations.
- Insurance. The Haven is insured in respect to the usual risks covered by a buildings and contents policy. However, in certain circumstances, where it does not cover loss or damage by negligence, guests will become liable. We, the owners, can accept no liability for any loss or damage to any belongings, or any injuries sustained by you or any members of your party and visitors. Guests are strongly advised to check the cover of the personal liability section of their own household policy and/or secure appropriate travel insurance to cover any eventuality. (Please be advised that damage which may result from burning candles within the Haven is not covered by insurance).
- Cancellation. In the event of you cancelling your holiday up to 4 weeks beforehand, you forfeit your £100 booking deposit only; any cancellations within the 4 weeks prior to your holiday, the balance paid is forfeited. Please be advised that the deposit is non-refundable and you should have adequate insurance to cover the full cost of your booking with us in the event of a last minute cancellation for whatever reason. If cancellation is within 4 weeks, then we will endeavor to re-let the property and IF SUCCESSFUL, will normally refund THE BALANCE OF THE RENT, less any expenses incurred in re-letting.
- Non Availability of the Haven. If, for any reason, the Haven becomes unavailable for the period of your booking, the Owners will refund your deposit in full and will be under no further liability toward the Guests.
- Deposit. Booking will only be accepted in writing on the Owners' official form and, provided the booking is made at least 4 weeks before the booking is due to start, are to be accompanied by the cost of 1 night's stay. If a booking is made less than 4 weeks before arrival, the full rent, plus any additional charges, is due at the time of the booking. In the event of a booking not being accepted by the Owner, all fees paid will be returned immediately.
- Final Payment. Once the booking form is received and accepted by the Owners, the Guests are liable for payment of the balance of rent, plus any additional charges, 4 weeks prior to the start of the holiday. Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation and the Owners may re-let the property without reference to the Guest(s) who remain liable for payment of the full amount, although credit will be given for any rents received as a result of re-letting, less the Owners' expenses. We do not send reminders - the balance due date is on the Receipt for Deposit form.
- Price Changes. The Owners reserve the right to amend prices quoted due to errors and omissions.
- V.A.T. The owners are not registered for VAT therefore no tax is payable.
- Method of Payment. Payment may be made by internet banking, cheque, postal orders, travellers cheques or sterling or Euro cash. We are also able to offer paypal via invoice. Cheque or postal orders should be made payable to Mr and Mrs A. R. Love and cash should always be sent by registered post. Unfortunately post dated cheques are unacceptable.
- Duration and Times of Letting. Lettings commence, unless otherwise agreed, at 15:00 on the day of arrival and terminate at 10:00am. on the day of departure. This is to allow enough time to complete the changeover. Your co-operation is appreciated. Departures occuring after 10:00am are liable to an additional days rent unless prior agreement has been sought.
- Complaints. All complaints must be reported to Mr/s Love immediately so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made. Remedial action will be made if necessary and required. Any form of compensation will not be made once the holiday has terminated as the Guests will have denied the Owners the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to put matters right during the holiday.
- Owner Rights. We the owners reserve the right to re-enter the property and terminate a booking at any time without prejudice if the above terms and conditions have not been observed.